Landon Morgan has always been committed to personal information privacy. This Policy statement outlines how we collect, use and disclose personal information. Please read this Policy carefully and if you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Privacy Officer, Lynn Thomas, at firstname.lastname@example.org
This Policy governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal information by Landon Morgan from and about individuals who are not our employees. All employees, service providers and independent contractors employed or engaged by Landon Morgan are subject to follow the terms and conditions of this Policy.
II. What is Personal Information?
In this Policy "personal information" refers to any information about an identifiable individual other than the person's business title or business contact information.
III. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect and maintain different types of personal information in respect of individuals with whom we interact. This includes:
- contact and identification information, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address;
- product and service related information concerning the products and services that we provide to, or receive from, you;
- customer relationship information such as customer requests and feedback and information requested or provided by or from you; and
- business relationship information, including information related to your agreements, preferences, advisors and decision-makers.
In order to provide placement services to our clients we may also collect:
- resume information such as your employment history, clients/transactions lists, academic history and transcripts;
- remuneration information such as previous or expected salary, benefits and bonuses;
- job search information such as the history of jobs/employers that you have applied to, interview notes and personal evaluations by Landon Morgan consultant(s) and correspondence between candidates and Landon Morgan; and
- payroll information, if applicable, including your Social Insurance Number and direct deposit bank account information.
We may also collect market-related information, which may include personal information, concerning market trends and activities impacting our business and information related to our media and public relations activities.
IV. Collection of Your Personal Information
We collect personal information to enable us to manage and develop our business and operations:
- to establish, maintain and manage relations with you so that we may provide you with, or receive from you, the products and services that have been requested (for example, we will use your personal information to determine your suitability for a position);
- to be able to review the services that we provide to you so that we may understand your requirements for our services and so that we may work to improve our services;
- to be able to inform you of our services other than those that you have specifically requested, including sending you information promoting our other services;
- to be able to comply with your requests (for example, if you prefer to be contacted at a business or residential telephone number or email address and advise us of your preference, we will use this information to contact you at that number or email address);
- to protect us against error, fraud, theft and damage to our goods and property;
- to enable us to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements; and
- any other reasonable purpose to which you consent.
V. Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We use and disclose your personal information:
- for any additional purposes for which we have obtained your consent to the use or disclosure of your personal information (which consent may be express, deemed or implied, as explained below).
We may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so. If you are chosen as a candidate for a particular placement, we will not disclose your personal information without receiving your prior consent to do so.
VI. Our Website
You can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself, including your email address. Our web server may collect information related to your visit to our website, including the IP address and domain used to access our site, the type and version of your browser, the website you came from to access our site, the page you entered and exited at, any website page that is viewed by that IP address and what country you are from. We use this information to monitor our website's performance (such as number of visits, average time spent and/or page views) and for our business purposes such as working to continually upgrade our website.
VII. Who Has Access to Your Information?
We share your personal information with our employees, contractors, consultants and other parties who require such information to assist us with establishing, maintaining and managing our relationship with you, including: third parties that provide services to us or on our behalf; third parties that collaborate with us in the provision of services to you; and third parties whose services we use to perform our services.
VIII. Your Consent Is Important To Us
It is important that where we collect, use or disclose your personal information we have your consent to do so. Depending on the sensitivity of the personal information, your consent may be implied, deemed (using an opt-out mechanism) or express. Express consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing. Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from your action or inaction. For example, if you submit a resume or other personal information by mail, fax, or email, whether in response to an advertisement or in general, we will assume your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for purposes related to your recruitment and placement.
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by contacting our Privacy Officer using the contact information set out below. In some circumstances, a change in or withdrawal of consent may severely limit our ability to provide services to, or acquire products or services from, you. All communications with respect to such withdrawal or variation of consent should be in writing and addressed to our Privacy Officer.
IX. Protecting Your Personal Information
We understand the importance of protecting your personal information. Landon Morgan endeavours to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
Documents that contain personal information are kept in filing cabinets that are maintained in our office. All electronic information is stored on our server maintained by our office, as well as that provided by a third party database management provider who is also subject to the provisions of this policy.
X. Maintain Accuracy of Your Personal Information
Please advise us if you believe that your personal information is inaccurate. You have the right to ask for it to be corrected or updated. We may ask you to provide documentation to support your request for correction or updating. If we do not agree with your request, we will include your request in our file.
XI. Access to Your Personal Information
You have the right to see your personal information held by Landon Morgan. If you would like to see your personal information we ask that you fill out and submit the appropriate Request for Access to Information Form available from our Privacy Officer.
When requesting access to your personal information, please note that we may request specific information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information that we hold about you. We may charge you a fee to access your personal information; however, we will advise you of any fee in advance. If you require assistance in preparing your request, please contact your consultant or our Privacy Officer.
Your right to access the personal information that we hold about you is not absolute. There are instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide some or all of the personal information that we hold about you. In addition, the personal information may have been destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices.
In the event that we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will attempt to inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
XII. Privacy Officer
The contact information for our Privacy Officer is as follows:
94 Church Street,
St. Catharines, ON, Canada
XIII. Right to Change and Revise this Policy
Landon Morgan reserves the right to change and/or amend this Policy at any time. Notice of any new or revised policy, as well as the location of the new or revised policy will be posted on our website within 60 days after the change. It is your obligation to learn of changes to the Privacy Statement since your last visit to our site.
XIV. Links to Third Party Websites and Advertisements
Our website may contain links to other World Wide Web sites or third party advertisements. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites, advertisers, or third parties, or for the content of such sites or advertisements. It is possible that these links or advertisements themselves may be used by third parties or others to collect personal or other information about visitors to our site. It is solely your obligation to review and understand the privacy practices and policies of these other websites and of these advertisers and third parties.